It may be the last day of our trip, but i-Act continues through your efforts. Step up your own activism to end this genocide now. What can you do to get more involved in your local community? Nationally? Internationally?Here are few ideas:
- Invite Gabriel to your school, college or other venue to host a Camp Darfur. We will help set up an interactive camp experience!
- Record video messages for refugees for From America with Love. Do a recording at a Camp Darfur, or make your own video and send it to us!
- Make a daily commitment to: Wake up, Brush your Teeth, and Call the White House. 1-800-GENOCIDE.
- Join a local group (or form one!) at your high school or college.
- This fall Dream for Darfur is hosting International and US Torch Rallies to increase pressure on China, host of the 2008 Olympics to use their leverage with the Khartoum government. Find our when the torch will pass through your state or host one.
- Host an ally-raiser – invite your friends, watch a movie, have a discussion and brainstorm what you could do as a group.
Post your ideas to our blog and connect with new people!
Activate. Educate. Empower.
2 replies on “Action”
Another of your motivating trips is ending, but makes us all more aware of just how much more work needs to be done. Thank, you, and all i-ACT members for your monumental efforts. We will continue to contribute through your “action” items, and pass them to others, too.
Dearest Gabriel, Connie and Yuen-Lin,
I agree with Lisa – “monumental” is but one word to describe your efforts and the wide impact they have had (and will continue to have) on shining the spotlight – high-beam – on Darfur and Chad.
It’s been the most amazing 10 days ….. so powerful, so connected ……. THANK YOU!
……. and now the work continues.
love and hugs to you all,