Stop Genocide Now (SGN) seeks to change the way the world responds to genocide by putting a face to the numbers of dead, dying, and displaced. SGN is a grassroots community dedicated to working to protect populations in grave danger of violence, death, and displacement resulting from genocide/mass atrocities.
Through active education, advocacy and policy change SGN resolves to change the way the world responds to genocide/mass atrocities. SGN is focused on creating awareness and action to stop the various atrocities occurring around the globe and finding an appropriate solution to their resolution.
All of our projects focus on and utilize the strength of grassroots connectivity.
- Active Education: To educate the public about genocide/mass atrocities through innovative, interactive events and media designed to bring them closer to crimes being committed as well as help them realize their own power to stop those crimes.
To educate about genocides/mass atrocities through innovative, interactive events and media designed to bring them closer to the crimes being committed and those affected.
- Advocacy: To support and guide citizens toward practical actions that results in large, seemingly impracticable change.
- Use of technology and social media to create an interconnected global community
- Emphasize interactive education and personal relationships to empower citizens to take action
- Provide and support tools and actions for grassroots advocacy that creates policy change
- Facilitate avenues for the voice of the displaced to reach the world
Stop Genocide Now is a global community of dedicated individuals who share the common goal of protecting populations threatened by genocide and mass atrocities.
Our pioneering campaigns aim to break the silence surrounding the crime and pave the way for a new age that lives up to the refrain, “never again.” We believe in the importance of enabling interaction between supporters and genocide victims. All our creative campaigns are uniquely interactive and educational.
We strive to show the world that there is no wall between victims and activists. We show how every person, no matter their background, can stop genocide.
Stop Genocide Now consists completely of volunteers. We came together as individuals who care about the world to change the way we respond to genocide, and to the atrocities experienced by our friends in the camps. We are just like you: parents, sisters, brothers, full-time employees, techies and non-techies alike who believe that our voices can stir political will to take action. Join us, we are all on the same team.