We’re on our way! i-ACT is on the Move

Hello everyone,

Chris and I are on our way to the Chad/Darfur border. We have not left the US, though. We’re in the beautiful city of Atlanta, GA, hanging out at the airport (actually, I have not hooked up with Chris, but he should be around here). One of these days, I have to come to stay for a few days in Atlanta, so I can learn from my good friend and amazing activist Cynthia Gentry. We met through O.net, and she inspired me to not accept obstacles but to see them as opportunities to be creative.

From GA, our next stop is Paris, France. My brother Javier joked at the Thanks Giving gathering my family held this past Friday (so I could be a part of it) that I might get to Paris and say, “forget Darfur, I’m staying in Paris!” :) Not this time, but maybe in the future, with my family (Zahara, Mimi, Gabo, and Irais), I’ll see more than the Paris airport.

Please stay tuned and be ready to become actively involved. The situation in Darfur continues to deteriorate, and the lives of millions are in more than grave danger. When we make NOISE together, we will be heard.

Thanks to all that have been so supportive. I’ll be in touch, and I hope you will be also.

Paz

Gabriel co-founded Stop Genocide Now in 2005, which gave birth to i-ACT in 2009.

He became involved in the situation in Darfur out of a sense of personal responsibility. He believes the power of community and compassion, combined with personal empowerment, can bring about meaningful change.

Comments

comments

Category: Pre-trip · Tags: , , ,

Comments

14 Responses to “We’re on our way! i-ACT is on the Move”
  1. Paulo Amaral says:

Gabriel,

I wish you the best in this trip. I trully hope you change many lives and that you learn a lot, so you can teach us.

By the way, how could I get the 2000 postcards to pass at Cerritos College??

Peace

Paulo Amaral

2. Anonymous says:

I wish you the best of luck. Heard about you in Ms. Pereyra’s class. =)

3. Gabriel says:

Hey Paulo,

Thanks! I really enjoyed doing the presentation at Cerritos College. You have a very informed and sharp group of students there.

For the postcards, please send an e-mail to:

contactus@stopgenocidenow.org

4. Gabriel says:

Please say “hi!” to Ms. Pereyra and all the students in her class. I loved what she said about “the power of art!”

5. Ashton says:

Hello Gabriel,

Hi my name is Ashton Roberts and I attend Palisdes High School. I was informed that you came to our school to speak to Ms. Pereyra’s class but I did not come see you that day. I wish you the best while you are on your journey and hopefully I will be able to have the honor of meting you when you come back from Africa. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

6. Joe says:

hi u guys are great and i wish u guys the best of luck on your journey. i hope u guys all come back all right

7. Anonymous says:

hello Gabriel,
    Its CAROLINE here from Pali high, (Ms. Pereyra’s 6th Period drawing class.) i am glad to here that you arrived safely. you made a big hit in the Palisadian Post newspaper. hopfully this will awaken some people. good luck today, and take care tomorrow. i will be sure to check up on the news daily.
    *peace…
    CAROLINE

8. Anonymous says:

hola Gabriel
    espero que todo este saliendo muy bien, Jonathan y Yo te hemos pensado mucho en estos dias y deseamos que todo te salga bien.
    bendiciones
    julissa

9. Darfur Daily News says:

Gabriel/Chris and the rest of the team,

Splendid task you are doing. Since the media in the democratic nations does not boost awareness to the public of the 21st century genocide, no one will prevent the public in tunning in i-Act.

May God bless you,

Ahmed

NB: by the way, it would be great idea if the parameters in the ” Comment area” are set in a way that allows anonymous posting

10. Anonymous says:

I wish you a safe trip and God bless you. Hope to hear more about you in Ms.Pereyra’s class

11. Anonymous says:

Hi Gabriel

You are doing a great thing by going over to Africa to help those people out. I wish you the best of luck on your journey. My prayers are with you.

12. marleesha davis says:

Hey Gabriel, how have you been doing?I have seen your first movie clip in my 4 period class at plaisades high school Ms Pereyra’s class and it has really inspired me to tell some people at school and i will go to church tonight and tell my church all about invisible children’s movie and i will tell them to support them in giving money and anything else no lie.Right now my pastor is in Lagos, Nigeria and we are all prayin for you!!!

13. Anonymous says:

Hey Gabriel,
    This is Marleesha Davis once again! Well I just wanted to say good luck with everything I hope you have a good 4 more days.My church and
    i are still praying for you

Love,
    Marleesha

14. Chacho says:

Como estas Gabe?

He estado siguiendo tus excurciones a los diferentes campamentos y visto en tus reportajes. Son un tipo de documental diferente al que uno esta acostumbrado. Presentado de una manera muy personal en la que uno como observador se siente envuelto, en contacto y motivado a a colaborar. Nos das una idea clara de la necesidad de ayuda humanitaria sin el sentido amarillista generalmente presentado por noticiarios televisivos.

Estoy impresionado por por la organizacion y calidad en el trabajo del equipo de i-act y los felicito sinceramente. Se que la labor que estan haciendo es ardua y pesada pero, tiene su grado de satisfaccion el cual compartimos con ustedes al saber alguien cercano a nosotros nos representa en esta hazaña.

Recibe un abrazo
    Chacho
    PD Just a call away if you need us.