Darfur Is Forgotten
Don’t Remain Silent, Rally to Stop Darfur Genocide!
Next Wednesday, February 3, the Damanga Coalition for Freedom and Democracy, activists, Sudanese and human rights groups will rally for Darfur and deliver a strong message to the Obama administration. There have been reports of renewed violence in Darfur. The April 2010 elections are a sham. They will not be free and fair in the current environment of intimidation where an indicted war criminal, responsible for 20 years of violence and terror, is the primary candidate for president. We should not legitimize or support his rule by accepting the results this upcoming election.
During this critical time for Darfur and Sudan, we must not remain silent. We must stand with our friends in the camps, and tell our administration that we will not back down until there is real change on the ground.
WHEN and WHERE: Wednesday, February 3rd, 2010.
10:00 am: Meet at the Washington, DC Mall
11:00 a.m. to 12:00pm: Rally from West Capitol Hill
12:00pm: March to the White House
WHY: Urge the Obama Administration to:
- STOP ICC-indicted President Omar Al-Bashir’s bid for re-election
- STOP sentence issuance for Darfuri Opposition Leaders without guaranteeing them rights to a fair trial
- STOP unfair elections & promote free and legitimate FUTURE elections including a freed Darfur.
- CANCEL the Doha Negotiotians for Peace that lack proper Darfuri representation
- IMPLEMENT UNSC Res.1769 that calls for 26,000 UN troops to be deployed to Darfur.
- REMOVE Arab Janjaweed and their families out of Darfuri land.
- GUARANTEE PROTECTION and compensation for Darfuri villagers wanting to return to their homes.
- ALLOW expelled humanitarian organizations back in Darfur to help genocide victims
- CLARIFY the US policy towards Darfur.
Download this flyer and spread the word.
ORGANIZED BY: Damanga Coalition for Freedom and Democracy
We must continue to stand with Sudan, especially during the critical time that leads to upcoming elections on April 11, 2010. To learn more about the elections visit:
Enough Project: Stealing Elections in Slow Motion
Human Rights Watch: Sudan: Abuses Undermine Impending Elections
To take actions today that support the rally visit our Urgent Action page