If you are fasting with us, it more than likely means that your commitment to not being a bystander goes beyond what most people are willing to give of themselves. We are going to ask you to do more, though. Now is the time for the world’s actions to match the urgency of the situation on the ground in Darfur and the surrounding areas. Here are some suggestions, and we need you to gives us more:
- Get friends, family, and community to join the 100-Day Fast for Darfur.
- Sign Legacy Letter to President Bush and get others to sign. Call the White House (1-800 GENOCIDE) and tell them that you are part of the 100-Day Tag Team Fast for Darfur and that Bush needs to be doing more to “immediately protect innocent civilians of Darfur.”
- Call 1 800 GENOCIDE and tell your own congress people to make Darfur a priority.
- Contact media: tell about your fast; use refugee pictures and stories to talk about the urgency of the situation in Darfur.
- Be a part of a conversation to create strategy to raise urgency and effectiveness of movement.
To learn a lot more about what needs to happen to bring Peace, Protection, and Punishment to Darfur, go to ENOUGH!
We need your ideas! This genocide has been going for over five years. We need to do more. We need to do different. As we fast over then next 100 days, let’s have a conversation that is focused on and leads to action. Click on “write a comment” and let’s start talking and doing!
Please send in your donation to World Food Program (WFP)! They are in great need of assistance, and the area of Darfur is one of the most dangerous places for the WFP drivers.
For online credit card donation, go to Friends of WFP. Make sure you select “Darfur/Sudan Emergency Operations.
To donate using check, make check to: Friends of WFP.
On memo line, write: 100 Day Fast- Darfur.
Friends of the World Food Program
1819 L Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036