Download Hosting Camp Darfur to learn more!
Camp Darfur is an interactive awareness and education event that brings attention to the ongoing genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and gives individuals the opportunity to discover their own power to make a difference. Camp Darfur raises awareness and examines Sudan’s Darfur region and its humanitarian crisis – genocide. A deeply concerned world community must come together united as one voice to remember the victims of past genocides and to make a call to action to end the genocide in Darfur today.
The genocide in Darfur has taken the lives of an estimated 400,000 people, and more than 2.5 million are displaced and in grave danger of more violence and starvation.
The international community has failed again to protect a population that has been targeted for genocide, and the responsibility falls on all of us to act and not remain silent.
Camp Darfur gives people across the country the opportunity to send a message of peace and solidarity to the people of Darfur. “Never Again” has no meaning, if we don’t stand up and create action, NOW!
Camp Darfur provides your group with:
- Up to 5 tents 10×10 Canvas Tents for out of state events that chronicle genocide from Armenia through Darfur
- Historical facts on Armenia, the Holocaust, Cambodia, Rwanda and Darfur.
- Video clips share stories of refugees living in camps in Chad
- Participation of SGN staff at event (may include a slideshow, video clips, a speech by one of our members, etc.)
- An opportunity to link your community with those who are directly affected by genocide.
Camp Darfur is essentially an interactive and educational space that your group can use to raise awareness and inspire action in your community and/or school. Think of it as an opportunity to do more and reach more!
Hosting Camp Darfur
Groups who are interested in hosting Camp Darfur in their community please contact, KTJ
Scott at ktj[at]stopgenocidenow.org. Here are some things to think about when planning your
event that includes Camp Darfur:
- We need a space that can fit 5 10×10 large canvas tents, this can be inside or outside.
- We need electricity for up to at least 3 tents in order to show the stories of refugees to your audience members. Extension cords work great in any situation.
- We can provide your audience with a multi-media presentation, just let us know what you are interested in highlighting.
- Camp Darfur is an interactive event and has been part of such events as concerts, rallies, a series of speakers, hosting a genocide survivor, and a Die-In organized by the hosting group.
- We do not provide a stage, audio technology, screens or food.
Learn more about organizing Camp Darfur here.