Reason #100

Share your own reason Why Darfur….

Gabriel co-founded Stop Genocide Now in 2005, which gave birth to i-ACT in 2009.

He became involved in the situation in Darfur out of a sense of personal responsibility. He believes the power of community and compassion, combined with personal empowerment, can bring about meaningful change.

Comments

comments

Category: Day 11: December 19 · Tags:

Comments

9 Responses to “Reason #100”
  1. KTJ says:

I have two reasons that have stayed with me for a long time now. First, nobody deserves to be targeted because of who they are. Second, everyone deserves the right to determine their own future.

2. Rachel says:

The main reason for me would be that everybody deserves to LIVE. That is our right as a human being.

3. Jordan says:

Because humanity is defined not by how we treat those with power – but how we treat those without.

4. Yuen-Lin says:

Because I now have friends from there and I empathize with their situation.

5. stacey says:

Because Brian S Wilson’s quote is true, ” We are not worth more and they are not worth less.”

6. Kathleen says:

Because humanity is like a raft of logs bound together; if we come unbound from each other, we will all perish.

7. Kathryn says:

Because it’s easy to forget or ignore what is happening on the other side of the world, but when you see pictures of real people and read their real stories they are impossible to forget and make you want to do everything in your power to help them.

8. Estelle says:

Because if I close my eyes and let it happen, and count on somebody else to deal with it, one day I will open them again and see, and it will break my heart with shame. There is no somebody else to do things for you, we are all responsible for humanity.

9. Stephanie says:

“Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children’s future. And we are all mortal.” -JFK

For me, it is the realization that we, as humans, are fundamentally the same. We are here to dwell peacefully on this earth. No one deserves to be considered less of a person than another. No person should every be let down by humanity. Refusing to take the back seat is the first step in this journey. If not us, who?